Sorry, this job has expired.
Ally Financial is now hiring a Collector.
Pay starts at $16/hr plus monthly incentive potential.
If you are skilled in customer service and love to help people find solutions, this may be a great fit for you! You'll be helping our customers while working in a fun team environment. You'll leave at the end of the day feeling like you made a difference. As an Ally team member, you'll be contacting Ally auto loan customers to remind them about late or missed payments, getting the facts about the reasons for delinquency and helping customers bring their accounts current by negotiating payment arrangements.
We offer the respected history of a great brand and excellent benefits. The team receives extensive training with an emphasis on compliance, and negotiating and selling skills to ensure collection routines are consistent and based on industry best practices.
We also support our employees by providing benefits that help them through various life stages. Our parental leave policy provides 100% pay for both mothers and fathers, up to 12 weeks.
Compensation & Retirement Savings
• Market-competitive base pay
• Pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses)
• Flexible paid-time-off
• Volunteer time off
• Industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan
Health & Wellness
• Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
• Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
• Tobacco-free discount and tobacco cessation program
• Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
• Life and disability benefits
• Subsidized, discounted Weight Watchers® program
• Parental and caregiver leave
• Adoption assistance
• Backup child & adult/elder day care program
• Child care discounts
• Pre-tax commuter benefits
• LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Leadership training
• Rewards and recognition program
• Recruiting system for internal mobility and advancement
• Tuition reimbursement
• Online courses through the Ally Learning Center
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Prior experience in financial services or similar industry preferred. (Associate's or Bachelor's degree in business or related field may be used as a proxy for experience)
• Work quickly and accurately to contact customers to determine a reason for payment delinquency and negotiate payment commitment while maintaining a professional nature.
• Using a computerized system for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting, you will complete phone calls to meet required performance standards and metrics.
• Maintaining strict confidentiality, you will respond to customer inquiries via telephone, Shaw workflows, CRTS and/or e-mails within an established time frame.
• You will document all accounts accurately, clearly and concisely noting the reason for hardship and potential repossession loss as well as adhere to all state and federal laws in the handling of accounts.
• Skip tracing skills preferred.
• Attention to detail coupled with professional phone etiquette.
• Good follow up and persuasive negotiation skills.
• Strong ability to identify potential loss situations and make appropriate recommendations to mitigate loss.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends, holidays, and overtime as necessary to meet business needs.
We’re a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company that offers award-winning online banking, rewarding credit and lending experiences, unmatched auto financing products and services, and a growing wealth management and brokerage platform.
Our 8,000 teammates are committed to making sure every interaction is extraordinary, with a sole focus of doing what’s best for our customers and their financial well-being. Learn more about our company and lines of business.
Our people LEAD our culture — and our success. We take our values to heart and hold each other accountable to live by them. With a focus on the customer, we work together with integrity, treat each other with respect and appreciate our differences.
Meet our Hiring Managers in person at 10am on Wednesday, October 24th. Click "Apply Now" to receive our address & contact information.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.